Entities who are registered with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program are eligible to receive federal property through WV Surplus. Property available through the federal donation program includes vehicles, furniture, tools, and more.
According to the SBA, to qualify for the 8(a) program, a business must:
- Be considered a small business by the North American Industry Classification System;
- Not have previously participated in the 8(a) program;
- Be at least 51% owned and controlled by U.S. citizens who are socially and economically disadvantaged;
- Have a personal net worth of $750,000 or less, adjusted gross income of $350,000 or less, and $6 million or less in assets; and
- Demonstrate good character and potential to perform on contracts.
Once a business has been enrolled in the 8(a) Business Development Program, they are invited to complete an Application for Eligibility
with WV Surplus. After the application has been approved, WV Surplus will issue the small business a unique User ID to screen for available federal property. For more information on the federal property programs, click here