West Virginia Purchasing Division, State Agency for Surplus Property
West Virginia Purchasing Division, State Agency for Surplus Property



WV Surplus has access to two types of inventory: retired property from the State of West Virginia and donated federal surplus property. Special deals on inventory or highlighted unique items are often posted regarding state property. Additionally, WV Surplus is responsible for overseeing inventory management for state agencies.

State Property

When the State of West Virginia no longer needs an asset, it is often retired to WV Surplus where it is made available to the general public, local businesses, other state agencies, eligible organizations, and other entities. Items commonly received at WV Surplus include but is not limited to home and office furniture, kitchen equipment, vehicles, and more. Periodically, WV Surplus receives unique items like trailers, fertilizer, and tulip bulbs.

To learn more about the State Property Program, click the links below:

Federal Property

While federal property is not available to members of the public, WV Surplus does have the authority to coordinate its donation to state agencies, registered eligible organizations (such as local municipalities, nonprofits, libraries, churches, and volunteer fire departments), 8(a) businesses, and veteran-owned small businesses. Some federal property is only available to select groups, such as police vehicles. To see examples of federal property obtained by WV Surplus, click here. Additional information on the Federal Property Programs operated by WV Surplus can be found here.

Special Deals

Periodically, WV Surplus features special deals on inventory. Past deals include 50% off furniture and bags of tulip bulbs discounted to $0.50. To check for any current deals, click here.

Inventory Management

WV Surplus is responsible for providing oversight for the management of inventory to state agencies. This includes providing guidance on adding, tracking, and disposing of state-owned property. Inventory management documents, information on vehicle reporting and more, can be found here.